Description: Nightly CALM is CALM plus valerian, a traditional herb used to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and awaken refreshed and rejuvenated.
Nightly CALM - Better Balance Formula
Nightly CALM is CALM plus valerian. Hyla Cass, MD designed her Nightly CALM formula to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and awaken refreshed and rejuvenated. Sleep is a prime component in your body's ability to resist stress. With poor sleep, you are more prone to anxiety, impaired memory and cognition (or "foggy brain."). Sleep even affects the immune system and metabolism: good sleep even protects you from both illness and overweight!.*
Directions: Take 2-3 capsules of Nightly CALM at bedtime to promote sleep and aid in relaxing your mind and body.
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Niacin (as Insitol Hexaniacinate)||40 mg||200%|
|Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||40 mg||2.000%|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)||200 mcg||3,333%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||100 mg||1,000%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)||100 mg||25%|
|GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid)||200 mg||
|L-Taurine (Sunthenine®)||200 mg||
|Valerian Extract (root
(Standardized to 0.8% valerenic acids)
|Hops (flower)||20 mg||
|Lemon Balm (leaf)||20 mg||
|Passion Flower (aerial parts)||20 mg||
|* Daily Value not established|
At the heart of the Nightly CALM formula are eight ingredients that, in the proper dosages and potencies, have been shown to work together to relax your mind and body, and promote a deep, restful night's sleep.
• Valerian - Recent studies have shown that this classic herb not only aids in inducing a deep restful sleep, but promotes and extends the crucial phase of the "slow" or delta-wave phase of the sleep cycle, where your mind and body are truly restored. All without morning grogginess!
• L-Theanine - One of the hardest parts about falling asleep is getting your mind to stop racing and "switch off." That's why Nightly CALM comes with a soothing dose of the calming amino acid L-theanine. It has been shown to elicit alpha waves in the brain. Alpha waves are associated with relaxation and are the type typically found in the brain during deep meditation. Thus, L-Theanine helps quiet your mind, stop the "racing" and then, allows the valerian to lull you into a sound and restful sleep.
• GABA - Reduced levels of GABA in the brain and nervous system are linked to anxiety, tension, and insomnia. In fact, prescription tranquilizers like Valium and Xanax work by increasing your system's response to GABA. GABA is an important neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) that helps to regulate brain and nerve cell function, producing a calming effect.
• L-Taurine - L-Taurine is an amino acid that can calm and stabilize your mind much like GABA. By retarding the release of adrenaline, taurine also protects you from the fight-or-flight response and post-stress anxiety. Because taurine is found in protein-rich organ meats, vegetarians are especially at risk for taurine deficiency.
• L-Glutamine - L-Glutamine is used directly by the brain as fuel as well as to build and balance GABA. It has been shown to enhance both mental performance and memory. Glutamine can also be used for nearly instant relief of cravings for sugar, stimulants, or inebriants such as alcohol. Since dips in blood sugar are one of the causes of insomnia, the addition of this amino acid keeps levels balanced, and you, asleep.
• Herbs for Stress Support - Hops, Passion Flower and Lemon Balm are naturally grown herbs that work to dramatically reduce levels of stress-related anxiety. They promote the relaxation needed for restful sleep.
Share your thoughts with other customers: